Which of the four kinds of positivistic theories discussed in this chapter do you think would be most useful in explaining either of the following and why? (Feel free to discuss the relevance of more than one of the theories.)
- a mass shooting event like the 2016 gay night club shooting in Orlando, Florida, that killed nearly fifty people; or college-student binge drinking
The posts will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Relevance: the ideas expressed indicate that the student has read and comprehended the assigned material.
- Clarity, coherence: the ideas are stated clearly and coherently.
- Critical thinking: there is evidence that the student has adequately analyzed, synthesized, and evaluated the assigned material.
- Poses a question for discussion: the posting articulates a question for discussion that pertains to the assigned material.
- Spelling, grammar: the posting must meet university-level standards of spelling and grammar.
- Length: each submission must be no less than 250 words in length; there is no maximum length. The word count must be listed at the end of each post.