Research Project: Literature Review Assignment Instructions
This assignment is the second in our Research Project series. It provides an opportunity for you to begin digging deeper into the topic you identified in the Research Project: Topic Development Worksheet Assignment by writing a brief review of each article. As you work through this process you will learn to read and critically examine scholarly literature, and you will formulate and express ideas in an efficient, scholarly manner. These are skills that will serve you well in this course and in the future.
For this assignment, you will:
1. Critically examine your area of interest by digging into the research articles identified in the Research Project: Topic Development Worksheet Assignment.
2. Write a brief review (300 words) of each article approved by the instructor in the Research Project: Topic Development Worksheet Assignment. Writing in a scholarly “voice” (do not use first-person perspective), use at least 1-2 sentences to identify/include each of the following:
a. Purpose statement
c. Brief description of methods (participants and procedure)
e. One strength
f. One weakness
g. An explanation of how the findings support the thesis statement you created in the Research Project: Topic Development Worksheet Assignment.
3. Your submission for this assignment will include the following:
a. Title page (formatted according to APA student standards).
b. An introduction that:
· identifies your topic,
· explains why it is important, and
· incorporates your thesis statement
c. Five reviews (300 words each) each introduced with an APA-formatted level-one heading.
d. Reference page with all five sources listed following current APA guidelines.
4. This assignment will implement current APA formatting throughout.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.