Warm-Up activity 2.1: How to write a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) handout
An FAQ, or Frequently Asked Questions, handout focuses on key information that is of interest or concern to the reader. The FAQ may explain products to a business customer, provide after-care instructions to a patient, or share after-school program services with families, for example.
Regardless of the topic, all FAQs share several common traits.
1. Most importantly, an FAQ is designed to address the most common questions that have emerged or could emerge. Depending on the topic, an FAQ will cover between 5 and 10 most commonly asked questions.
2. FAQs must be written concisely. Although course assignments may require a word or page count, it is still important to present the information in a clear and understandable manner. Any technical terms must be defined and explained. Information, including statistics, needs to be properly cited and referenced.
3. FAQs are written in an active voice. As a writer, you want to ask yourself in reviewing your information if it makes sense to someone unfamiliar with the topic.
4. Additional resources typically are included at the end of the FAQ, directing the reader to web sites, agencies, organizations and even articles that can provide more information on the topic.
For this task, you will prepare a Frequently Asked Questions handout suitable to be given to individuals who are trying to determine what type of therapy would be most beneficial to them. Be sure to include the following questions:
· My insurance company will only pay for 12 weeks of sessions. How long does psychoanalysis last?
· Is it important for me to discuss my childhood with the therapist?
· Why does Freudian psychoanalysis put so much emphasis on sexual urges?
· Will I have to talk about my dreams? Why?
· My friend is going to a Jungian therapist. How is that different from a Freudian therapist?
· What is the difference between the personal unconscious and the collective unconscious?
· I have heard a lot about defense mechanisms. What are they?
· I’ve been told that I am a very anal person. Does that have anything to do with Freud?
Prepare a two to three paragraph explanation for each question listed.
Support your answers with at least three scholarly resources, in addition to your textbook.
Length: 5-7 pages
YourFAQs should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.