Learning Professionals Research Article
In 10-12 slides, including the title and reference slides, outline your research proposal to present to your classmates. Speaker notes are required to provide additional information for your bullet points.
The PowerPoint will need to include:
- Introductory section: including your problem statement and your hypothesis.
- Method section: including your description of the participants, apparatus/materials/instruments, procedure, and design you anticipate using.
- Results: discuss how results would be gathered for which statistic was used, the alpha level (.05), critical value, and degrees of freedom. (Do not create fake results.)
- Discussion: requires 4 paragraphs that include:
- Describe what it would mean if you obtained significant results. Then describe what it would mean to obtain nonsignificant results.
- Discuss how your study followed APA ethical guidelines, by discussing the use of an informed consent form, debriefing statement, deception, and obtaining IRB permission.
- Discuss any limitations in your study (e.g., possible confounding, lack of random assignment or random sampling, etc.)
- Conclude with a discussion of future studies that could arise from your study.
- Appendices: two figures, OR two tables, OR a table and a figure. For example, set up a table focusing on participants, include your individually created survey, use/cite tables from a previous study, refer to Chapter 14 summary table, include Informed Consent figure and/or Debriefing Form figure. If unsure, contact your instructor for confirmation of appendices.
- Reference Slide: APA-formatted reference slide.
Read “What Learning Professionals Should Know About Color,” located in the topic Resources.
You must provide in-text citations within your writing, as well as a properly formatted reference slide.