1. Describe the characters in this case.
A. Art B. His high school teammates C. His high school coach D. Coach Bull Flipman E. Bobby Bean and Art’s college teammates F. Art’s college roommate
2. Describe the main issues in this case.
3. What factors contributed to Art’s poor performance in baseball?
4. As a sport psychology consultant, generate some possible courses of action that might assist Art.
A. Training and preparation B. Mental training (concentration and self‐confidence)
5. How feasible is each course of action?
6. What are the ramifications for Art of each course of action?
7. As a sport psychology consultant, would you become involved in the relationship between Art and his coach? Why or why not?
8. What could the coaches have done differently?
9. What could Art have done differently?
10. How would you help Art prepare for the rest of the season (successes and failures)?