- What are the prescriptive authority requirements for the state of Texas in which you intend to practice? Is there a MD collaborative or supervisory regulation related to non-controlled substances or controlled substances? Are there any restrictions for NP prescriptive practice? Does the state utilize a system-wide drug monitoring program to assist with the prevention of overprescribing?
- Include a hyperlink to the state prescriptive authority regulations.
- Does the state allow DEA licensure? What are the requirements to obtain a DEA certificate? Are there any MD collaborative/ supervisory regulations related to controlled substance prescribing? Are there any restrictions to prescribing controlled substances, including opioids and naloxone authority?
- Include the federal DEA hyperlink.
The scope of practicedescribes the procedures, actions, and processes that a health care practitioner is permitted to undertake in keeping with the terms of their professional license.
(Scope of practice – Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scope of_practice)
1. Scope of practice of nurse practitioners: professional role. https://www.aanp.org/advocacy/advocacy-resource/position-statements/scope-of-practice-for-nurse-practitioners
2. State practice environment (AANP). https://www.aanp.org/advocacy/state/state-practice-environment
3. I want to take an opportunity to discuss our new granted privilege to prescribe controlled substance. There are five classes of substance considered under the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 (Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970, 2019).This privilege was legally approved in Florida, the last state to grant such a privilege for midlevel practitioners, in 2017( Kellangs & Maye, 2017). Once licensed as Florida Nurse Practitioner (NP) license, you will need 2 hours of controlled substance prescription CEUs and to apply for the DEA license. The application cost $ 731 and it’s valid for three years. NPs are required to have a controlled substance agreement with the supervising physician.
DEA website https://apps.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/webforms/jsp/regapps/common/newAppLogin.jsp
Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970. Retrieved on March 10, 2019 fromhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Kellams, J. R., & Maye, J. P. (2017). The last state to grant nurse practitioners DEA licensure: An education improvement initiative on the Florida prescription drug monitoring program. Journal of addictions nursing, 28(3), 135-142. doi: 10.1097/JAN.0000000000000177
U.S Department of Justice and Drug Enforcement Administration. Diversion control division. Application for Registration Under Controlled Substances Act of 1970 (NewApplicants Only). Retrieved from https://apps.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/webforms/jsp/regapps/common/newAppLogin.jsp
Topnursingessay.com: a professional writing service that provides original papers. Our products include academic papers of varying complexity and other personalized services.
Using this writing service is legal and is not prohibited by any university/college policies.
Read more about how you can use a custom written paper you get from us.
+1 (760) 514-4150