Reading : Allen, James E., Nursing Home Administration: Chapter 1.5-1.6
Please review the contents of Learning Module # 3. Read Ch. 1.5 – 1.6. Answer the following questions. All responses are due by Sunday at midnight each week.
- What is a decision?
- What distinguishes the right decision from the wrong decision?
- What are the downsides of leadership by walking around?
- What is the actual power or authority of the administrator of a nursing facility?
- Why do healthcare organizations need to commit to excellence?
- What is the meaning of firm and measurable commitment to excellence?
- How can managers hardwire the strategic direction of organizational units?
- Describe several specific goals that can be nested under each of the five pillars (bottom-line results).
- What does the concept of pillar synergy refer to?