The rides are always a major attraction at the fair. However, they take up lots of space and we have to be concerned not only with how much ground space they take up but also with space into the air. Determine how much space you will need for rides. This will include the whole space they require, length, width, and height. We don’t want any rides hitting one another or any overhead wires. You can use the plan you devised in the Task.
Here are step-by-step instructions to complete this task.
- Decide on three different rides for the fair. (roller coaster, merry-go-round, ferris wheel, swings, the Zipper, etc.) Check out some sites on the Internet like Dreamland Amusements at http://www.dreamlandamusements.com/rent-equipment-party-carnival-rides-fundraiser-new-york.php for ride ideas.
- Find our the dimensions of each ride you select. This includes length, width, height.
- Calculate how much space each ride will take up. This is the total volume of the ride space AND the ground area.
- Place the rides on your graph of the fair. Do they fit? Do you have enough space?
- Could you add more rides? Remember, rides attract people to the fair.
- Decide on what other rides you want to add. Do you have rides for all ages?
Will send graph of fair after assignment has been accepted.