Assignment: SPSS – Two-Way Contingency Table Analysis Using Crosstabs
The Two-Way Contingency Table Analysis Using Crosstabs test is perhaps the most used nonparametric test. According to the Green and Salkind (2017) text, this type of test is used to evaluate whether a statistical relationship exists between two nominal (categorical) variables.
This week, you will use the Week 7 Data File for Two-way Contingency Table Analysis.sav data file.
To prepare for this Assignment, review Lesson 41 in your Green and Salkind (2017) text, as well as the Week 7 Assignment Template document provided in the week’s Resources. There is no Assignment Exemplar this week, as you should now be familiar with the format for presenting statistical analyses. Consider research scenarios where nonparametric analyses would be more appropriate than parametric analyses.
By Day 7
Submit a synthesis of statistical findings derived from Two-Way Contingency Table Analysis Using Crosstabs test that follows the Week 7 Assignment Template. Your synthesis must include the following:
- An APA Results section for the “Two-Way Contingency Table Analysis Using Crosstabs”
- Only the critical elements of your SPSS output:
- A properly formatted research question
- A properly formatted H10(null) and H1a (alternate) hypothesis
- A descriptive statistics narrative and properly formatted descriptive statistics table
- A properly formatted cluster bar
- A properly formatted inferential APA Results section
- An Appendix that includes the SPSS output generated for descriptive and inferential statistics [Examples of SPSS output are found on pp. 268–269 of Green and Salkind (2017).]
Note: You will cut and paste the appropriate
SPSS output into the Appendix. The SPSS output is not in APA format so
you will need to type the information from the SPSS output to the
appropriate sections of the APA table. You must use the Week 7 Assignment Template to complete this Assignment.