Writing a Good Qualitative Research
Writing a Good Question for Qualitative Research
You should keep the following in mind while writing a good question for qualitative research:
TOPIC: CHILDHOOD TRAUMA AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE IN ADULTS IN URBAN AREAS
Write a paper that reflects your research topic. Use the Week 4 Assignment Template [DOCX] to structure your paper.
· Write one paragraph that describes your topic.
· Write one paragraph that communicates the background of your topic, including the relevant research surrounding this topic. This paragraph will provide the context of this topic.
· Write one paragraph that describes the rationale for investigating the topic and why this topic is appropriate for qualitative research.
· Write a research question based on this topic that is aligned with each of the ﬁve methodological approaches using the research question examples provided this week as a guide. (In other words, write ﬁve research questions and indicate which methodology each question represents.) The ﬁve methodological approaches are:
o Case study.
o Grounded theory.
o Generic qualitative inquiry.
· Explain how the characteristics of each of the five methodological approaches align with its associated research question.
· Support your assignment with appropriate academic sources and include both citations and references in current APA format. Use 3–5 scholarly resources published with the past three years by recognized academic sources.