· Create a poster for a presentation about a quality improvement (QI) project or plan that builds on the work you completed in the first two assessments. Include an abstract of 100–250 words about the QI plan and key information in your poster.
Note: Each assessment in this course builds on the work you completed in the previous assessment. Therefore, it is recommended that you complete the assessments in this course in the order in which they are presented.
The ability to propose and promote quality improvements in care is a vital skill for a master’s-prepared nurse. One aspect of this is understanding strategies for implementing best practice changes in a team, department, or care setting. Another is understanding how best practices can help lead to a continuous quality improvement cycle. Additionally, it is important to grasp how successful change strategies can be leveraged to help in the creation or implementation of clinical best practices. Part of this is considering the audience when proposing quality improvement projects or new best practices. Another part of this is being able to effectively communicate the goals, rationale, and benefits of a project.
For this assessment you will create a presentation poster to communicate a quality improvement project.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Design patient-centered, evidence-based, advanced nursing care for achieving high-quality patient outcomes.
· Evaluate specific evidence that supports the quality improvement methods proposed.
· Competency 2: Develop change strategies for improving the care environment.
· Explain how the project is grounded in successful change strategies.
· Competency 3: Apply quality improvement methods to practice that promote safe, equitable quality of care.
· Propose quality improvement methods to promote continuous improvement related to a specific biopsychosocial consideration.
· Competency 4: Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of interprofessional care systems in achieving desired healthcare improvement outcomes.
· Analyze the way in which interprofessional teamwork will improve the effectiveness or efficiency of the quality improvement project.
· Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, in an appropriate form and style, consistent with organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
· Communicate quality improvement considerations to relevant stakeholders in a way that is clear, concise, and compelling for the audience.
· Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
For this assessment, you may take one of two approaches: