1. What government program was designed to cover medical expenses for the indigent who cannot afford to pay for health services?
1. Consumer demand was the catalyst for the creation of community based programs
1. Who owns and operates the overwhelming majority of assisted living facilities?
|for profit organizations|
|not for profit organizations|
|managed care organizations|
1. The long-term care system works best when it maintains its focus on medical treatment, rather than being distracted by quality of life and other non-medical or non-clinical services.
1. Why does subacute care appeal to reimbursers such as Medicare, MCOs, and private insurance companies, as an option to hospitalization?
|The clear regulations make them easier to work with|
|The lack of regulations allows the reimburser to set rates|
|The reimburser has mre control over the services that are provided|
|They provide required services for consumers at a lower cost|
1. One difference between subacute care and postacute care is that subacute care provides outpatient services, while postacute care provides inpatient services.
1. An admission to a nursing facility for a consumer who cannot remain at home because of disabilities or care needs would best be categorized as a:
|MD initiated admission|
1. Whether a subacute care unit is freestanding or physically housed within a larger facility, it will most likely be affiliated with, or even owned and operated by, a hospital or nursing facility.
1. A residential setting for seniors that might provide supportive services is called
|Continuing Care Retirement Community|
1. Rather than simply maintain their current quality of life, most seniors moving into senior housing want their quality of life to improve.