In order to ensure that you are building nursing-related skills and competencies within your practicum setting, it is important to develop specific, appropriate objectives for your practicum hours each quarter. The Practicum Experience allows you to compile your learning objectives and planned timeline for completing your practicum hours and developing your specialty area knowledge and skills. At the end of this quarter, you will use the information in your Practicum Experience to evaluate your progress and achievements in your practicum setting.
If you have previously enrolled in NURS 8600, be sure to develop unique objectives for your Practicum Experience. These may be extensions of previous objectives, or they may be completely new and original objectives intended to expand your experiences in the practicum setting. If you are experiencing difficulty formulating new objectives for your Practicum Experience, consult with your Instructor in this course for additional guidance.
- Think about learning objectives that would guide your practicum hours, as well as the activities you will undertake to achieve those objectives. Draft three learning objectives that are related to the AACN Essentials (see attached file), your practice area specialty competencies, and the focus of this course.
- Refer to the Practicum Time Log and Journal document.
- Develop a timeline for your Practicum Experience.
By tomorrow 8/28/19, write a 2-page paper in APA format with at least 3 scholarly references that includes the level one headers as numbered below:
1) Three learning objectives for your practicum hours that are aligned to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) Essentials, your specialty area competencies, the focus of this course (i.e., implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of an evidence-based project), and other aspects of your professional growth and development (see attached file).
2) Activities you will undertake to fulfill your identified learning objectives
3) A proposed timeline for accomplishing your practicum hours (a total of 216 hours over 11 weeks)
P.S. Use the template attached to complete this assignment. Also, refer to previous class learning objectives to help you write this assignment
Class Learning Objectives
- Participate in a scholarly forum with colleagues and the course Instructor
- Develop practicum objectives aligned to the American Association of Colleges of Nursing Essentials, professional standards, and specialty guidelines
The primary objective of your practicum is to “build and assimilate knowledge for advanced specialty practice at a high level of complexity,” (AACN, 2006, p. 19). Thus, focus on ways to expand your specialty practice knowledge at the aggregate level and consider roles you are interested in occupying after the completion of the DNP program.