You will begin this project by making use of technology and information resources to find an article in a nursing, medical, or science journal that makes use of multiple regression in the analysis. This will be your “target article”. You will be asked to provide an APA reference for the article, and a Web link to the article (if available). In the interests of keeping this project manageable, you don’t need to consider any other sources other than your target article and the textbook. However, if you do make use of any additional sources, you must cite them using APA format.
Address each of the following nine (9) items. Each item is worth twenty two (22) points, except for Item 8 which is worth twenty four (24) points:
1. Identify the target article.
2. In your target article, what is the hypothesis under consideration?
3. From your target article, identify the independent variables and their level. Explain how they were measured.
4. From your target article, identify the dependent variables and their level. Explain how they were measured.
5. What type of sampling method was used in the study? Is it appropriate to the aims of the study? Explain your answer.
6. Explain the process that the authors used for model selection. How does it relate to what is covered in the textbook about model selection?
7. What are the results of the multiple regression analysis? What do the authors conclude from it?
8. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the study?
9. Use APA format for in-text citations throughout the assignment and then include a reference page as the last item in the assignment. Include your target article, and your textbook, as well as any other references you have used.