Watch the documentary, Growing Up with Gadgets, in its entirety. Then answer the following questions in your work:
- How might technology, including social media, impact the social development of children?
- What might this impact look like in some of the various theories we have studied so far?
- What are the potential positive and negative developmental consequences of this type of technology for the various theories we have studied so far?
- Discuss the implications of online bullying, including how this specific form of bullying impacts tween development in ways not known to previous generations. What can we do as a society to prevent online bullying?
Checklist for Maximum Points:
- The write-up focuses primarily on theory and research, integrating both throughout
- Demonstrates strong, in-depth thought, insight, and critical thinking of concepts and application from the module readings and other scholarly sources
- Uses a professional, academic writing style with no grammatical or spelling errors
- Write up is 1,200 or more words in length
- Uses three academic sources, two of which are from academic, peer-reviewed journals
- Uses correct APA in-text citations throughout and includes an APA reference page