Cost of Fencing a Garden
As a property owner, you want to fence a garden which is adjacent to a road. The fencing of the side along the road must be stronger and cost $6 per foot. The fencing on the other sides cost $4 per foot. The area of garden is 3000 square feet. Remember that a square maximizes area, so use a square in your work.
- Draw several diagrams to express the situation and calculate the cost for each configuration, then estimate the dimension of minimum cost.
- Find the function that represents the cost in terms of one of its sides.
- Using the graphing utility, graph this cost function.
- Find the dimension that minimizes the cost of fencing and compare your results in #1.
- Paper must be written in 3rd person.
- Your paper should be 4-5 pages in length (counting the title page and references page) and cite and integrate at least one credible outside source. The CSU-Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a great place to find resources. Your textbook is a credible resource.
- Include a title page, introduction, body, conclusion, and a reference page.
- The introduction should describe or summarize the topic or problem. It might discuss the importance of the topic or how it affects you or society as a whole, or it might discuss or describe the unique terminology associated with the topic.
- The body of your paper should answer the questions posed in the problem. Explain how you approached and answered the question or solved the problem, and, for each question, show all steps involved. Be sure this is in paragraph format, not numbered answers like a homework assignment.
- The conclusion should summarize your thoughts about what you have determined from the data and your analysis, often with a broader personal or societal perspective in mind. Nothing new should be introduced in the conclusion that was not previously discussed in the body paragraphs.
- Include any tables of data or calculations, calculated values, and/or graphs associated with this problem in the body of your assignment.
- Document formatting, citations, and style should conform to the CSU-Global Virtual Library CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA: Introduction (Links to an external site.). A short summary containing much that you need to know about paper formatting, citations, and references is contained in the New Sample APA Paper (Links to an external site.). In addition, information in the CSU-Global Virtual Library (Links to an external site.) under the Writing Center/APA Resources tab has many helpful areas (Writing Center, Writing Tips, Template & Examples/Papers & Essays, and others).