Using the attached data (“Car Weight and MPG.sav”), compute and interpret the relationship between:
- Car Weight (“Weight”) and miles per gallon consumed (“CityMPG”)
For this regression analysis, state the following:
- A clear research question appropriate for a linear regression: (e.g., Is X a significant predictor of Y?”)
- Null and research hypotheses that align clearly and neatly with your RQ.
- Description of the variables used.
- Your dependent and independent variables. (Clearly explain your rationale as to why which is which.)
- State the sample size, along with the mean, standard deviation, and range (min & max) for each variable, in a paragraph format. (Do not just include a table, and not talk about it.)
- State the rationale for applying regression analysis in this investigation using appropriate readings and resources in Module 5. (Please cite specific references.)
- Findings in an APA format. (This includes the wording of the finding and the tables/figures included.)
- Use the following link to provide the template: https://www.slideshare.net/plummer48/reporting-a-single-linear-regression-in-apa
- Also add a clear interpretation of the R-square value in your finding. See last page: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/polopoly_fs/1.531434!/file/MASH_simple_linear_regression_SPSS.pdf
- Note: Even if the p-value in the SPSS output shows “.000,” write it out as “p < .001.”
- Write out your regression equation, and state the predicted miles per gallon for cars that weighs 3,000 and 4,000 pounds. (Clearly show the calculations and steps involved.)
- Include the SPSS output in your appendix.
- Car Weight and MPG.sav