Complete the following questions :
- In your own words, what does it mean to solve ? What does it mean using coordinates on a unit circle? Graphically (using cos x) what does it mean?
- In your own words, what does it mean to solve ? Why can’t you use the unit circle? How would you solve it using a calculator? Graphically?
- Why can’t we have the range of both the inverse sine and inverse cosine be [0,pi]? It certainly would be easier to remember!
- In what sense can we say that the inverse sine function “undoes” the sine function? And the sine function “undoes” the inverse sine function? What conditions need to be met?
- Are cos–1(x) and 1/cos(x) the same thing? Explain.
- Explain how to use your calculator to find csc-1(-4). You do not need to calculate it.