In an effort to discover innovative ways to help learners succeed, based on their individual intelligence, we are going to look at Gardners’s Multiple Intelligences Theory.
Click on the following link and take the intelligence assessment: http://www.literacynet.org/mi/assessment/index.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Congratulations, you have completed the assessment! What are your top two or three intelligence strengths? Look them up on the website under the practice tab and read about them. http://www.literacynet.org/mi/practice/index.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- These are your preferred learning strengths. Perhaps you agree with the findings or maybe you were surprised by the outcome.
- The next part of the assignment is to proceed to the class discussion board and share your top 3 preferences with your classmates. In your original thread, discuss your outcomes.
- Do the explanations match your perspectives of you?
- Were you surprised?
- Cite a personal experience that substantiates your experience with one of your preferred learning styles.
- How does your intelligence style complement or conflict with the other learning styles?
For further information on the Intelligences visit the following website: http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/concept2class/mi/index.html (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.