- Select a physical or mental issue that interests you that has gender-related differences, and explore this health issue in some depth.
- Briefly describe the physical or mental health issue you have selected.
- Compare (similarities and differences) the following factors for men and women:
- The incidence, mortality rate, diagnosis, and prognosis of that health issue
- The lifestyle and behavior differences that lead to and/or may prevent the health issue
- Issues related to health care access, diagnosis, and treatment by health care professionals
- Discuss your insights on gender differences and your thoughts about how these gender differences might impact individuals from each gender, the health care system, and society as a whole.
References should come from Brannon, L. (2017). Gender: Psychological perspectives (7th ed.). New York, NY: Routledge. Chapter 13, “Health and Fitness”