Choose one specific Institution (Say Wells Fargo) or one specific market (say, Cryptocurrency market)
- Choose a recent fraud activity (past 5 years), a major fraud ($100 million or above)
- Choose an activity for one where financial information or data is publicly available
- Identify and analyses the metric and framework for fraud using past/historical pattern
- Take a financial and analytical approach; not a descriptive, historical or psychological approach
- Do extensive research by going to scholar.google.com or other internet sites and identify ten major, relevant and focused articles on this fraud
- Do analysis and explain in your own words why it happened, how it happened, and what is being done to prevent such a fraud recurrence.
- See also the Financial Fraud Presentation(PPT).
- The paper should be well written and proper end‑notes and bibliography are required.
- As a general guideline, the paper should be approximately ten pages long, typed (1.5 spacing Font size 11 and excluding references and appendices).
- Sample papers are available upon request.
- You need to turn in an electronic copy of the paper also so that it can be checked with Turnitin software
Some appropriate topics are below, but please choose a topic of your own. The “first” criteria for grading the final project is the originality of the topic. No approval of your topic is required from the instructor.
- Impact of Fraud on any individual financial security – Say Treasury Security
- Impact of Fraud on any individual financial institution – Say Wells Fargo
- Impact of Fraud on global financial/banking practices – Say Mobile banking
- Impact of Fraud on any global financial market – Say Mexican Peso
- Impact of Fraud on any electronic markets – Say Derivative Security
- Impact of Fraud on any individual investors – Say Buyers of Insurance
- Impact of Fraud on World Central Banks – Cyberattack
- Impact of Fraud on World payment systems -Cryptocurrency
- Impact of Fraud on Global lending
Suggested, Appropriate Sources
- Wall Street Journal
- Business Week
- The Economist
- Financial Times
- International Finance Corporation’s publications
- Numerous Online publications
- Numerous Academic Publications
- The Banker
- Annual Reports.
- IMF/World Bank publications.
- Online Data Bases
- Google Scholar