- Create a research question using the General Social Survey dataset that can be answered by multiple regression. Using the SPSS software, choose a categorical variable to dummy code as one of your predictor variables.
Estimate a multiple regression model that answers your research question.
- What is your research question?
- Interpret the coefficients for the model, specifically commenting on the dummy variable.
- Run diagnostics for the regression model. Does the model meet all of the assumptions? Be sure and comment on what assumptions were not met and the possible implications. Is there any possible remedy for one the assumption violations?
In CXU9B/C, you completed Part 1 for this Assignment. You will complete Part 2 where you will create a research question that can be answered through multiple regression using dummy variables.
- Using the SPSS software, open the Afrobarometer dataset or the High School Longitudinal Study dataset (whichever you choose)
- Consider the following:
- Create a research question with metric variables and one variable that requires dummy coding. Estimate the model and report results. Note: You are expected to perform regression diagnostics and report that as well.
- Once you perform your analysis, copy and paste your output into your Word document.
Write a 2- to 3-page analysis of your multiple regression using dummy variables results for each research question. In your analysis, display the data for the output. Based on your results, provide an explanation of what the implications of social change might be.
Use proper APA format, citations, and referencing for your analysis, research question, and display of output.