The final paper is a solo project. You will write about your position on the controversial debate topic. The final paper will be due via the iLearn site by 12/12/2021. The guidelines for the paper are as follows:
1. Determine the position (supporting/opposing) you are taking on your chosen issue.
2. Find a minimum of three (3) sources. One of your sources must be arguing against your position.
3. The final paper should be in APA style, 3-4 pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12-point font, one-inch margins. References and title pages will not be part of the count.
4. Include an APA formatted reference page citing all sources used in the development of your argument (this will not be part of the page count).
5. In-text citations of sources when needed. There are three objectives that must be fulfilled for the final paper:
1. Clearly present the position you are taking on the chosen topic.
2. Deconstruct/unpack the arguments made for and against this issue based on the articles you have gathered as evidence. What makes them valid arguments? What features weaken each argument? What are the strengths of each argument?
3. Construct and present your own argument for your position. Show that you understand the arguments being made in support of and against your position.
4. You should end up with a minimum of 5 pages (including the title and references pages) and no more than 6.
Each criterion is worth 40 points possible.
Criteria 10-20 20-30 30-40
1. Organization and
Clarity of Position:
Position and viewpoints are outlined both clearly and orderly.