Note: Assessments in this course build on each other and must be completed in sequential order.
Assessment is a key to teaching and learning. In this assessment, you will select meaningful ways to assess the teaching and learning in the course you have been designing, and will tie together each of the parts of your course design.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
· Competency 1: Appraise the influence of learner’s culture, gender, and experiences on teaching and learning.
· Apply knowledge of methods of thinking, learning, and communicating to specific learning situations.
· Consider barriers to learning when designing and developing educational programs.
· Integrate cultural competence in nursing and healthcare educational offerings.
· Competency 2: Apply educational theory and evidence-based teaching practices when implementing teaching strategies.
· Apply appropriate theory to optimize the teaching experience and learner outcomes.
· Competency 3: Apply a variety of teaching strategies appropriate to diverse learner needs, content, and desired learner outcomes.
· Incorporate evidence-based best practices to enhance learner motivation in a selected learning environment and format.
· Integrate appropriate teaching strategies, techniques, and outcomes for nursing and healthcare education for use in specific situations and populations.
· Design appropriate and meaningful assessments for a course.
· Competency 4: Integrate best practices for classroom management.
· Integrate evidence-based best practices for classroom and learner management.
· Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations of a nursing education professional.
· Develop a teaching plan for a selected topic that demonstrates flow, cohesion, and application of best practices.
· Support identified position with effective written communication using appropriate spelling, grammar, punctuation and mechanics, and APA style and formatting.
Prepare a comprehensive analysis on an adverse event or near-miss from your professional nursing experience that you or a peer experienced. Integrate research and data on the event and use as a basis to propose a Quality Improvement (QI) initiative in your current organization.
Note: Remember, you can submit all, or a portion of, your draft to Smarthinking for feedback, before you submit the final version of your analysis for this assessment. However, be mindful of the turnaround time for receiving feedback, if you plan on using this free service.
The numbered points below correspond to grading criteria in the scoring guide. The bu