· Based on the content in “A Class Divided,” are children immune to the attitudes and behaviors of other group members? Explain.
· In what ways might important developmental milestones influence social development in childhood?
· Based on psychological evidence, should antisocial behavior in adulthood be primarily blamed on impaired socialization as a child? If so, what types of interventions might help to remediate these impairments? If not, what do you think leads to adult antisocial behavior?
· Can you teach children tolerance and inclusiveness if they are already indoctrinated by societal intolerance? What if the children in “A Class Divided” had never had a follow-up class explaining brown eyes as an indicator of smart people?
· How does the concept of development of the social self apply to any of the following programmatic course themes:
· Social justice
· Career connections