“Maintaining Data Integrity” Please respond to the following:
- Many times, database designs do not include the proper use of integrity rules and indexes. Provide a specific example where correcting such an omission would enhance data integrity and database performance.
- Enumerate the specific fields to index, or integrity constraint to add.
- Analyze what would occur without this change.
“Aggregate Queries” Please respond to the following:
- Suppose you are an IT professional to support database reporting functionality for a Human Resources system. Compose one aggregate function query that would allow executives of the organization to extract useful summary data from a database system.
- Demonstrate how an aggregate function would help the organization understand employee performance and leverage talent within the organization.