Assignment 1 Question Discussion

Assignment 1:

Question #1

Five Card Draw is a poker game in which each player is dealt an initial hand of five cards from a 52-card deck. How many unique five-card hands are possible?

Question #2

A basketball team has 16 women on the roster. In how many ways can the coach choose a roster consisting of five different positions?

Question #3

How many four-letter words (nonsense words included) can be created from the letters in thunderclap if repetition of letters is not allowed?

Requirements:
•Show all your work so that the instructor clearly sees how you solved the problem.
•Make sure your final answer is clear and visible.

Must be submitted in word document form.

Assignment 2:

Question #1

Four cards are chosen from a 52-card deck. What is the probability that four cards are either face cards or aces? There are 12 face cards and four aces in a deck of cards.

Question #2

You have purchased a used car. Historically, the chance of spending $2,000 in repairs for the car is 72% and the chance of spending $3,000 is 28%. What is the expected value of the amount you will spend in repairs for the car?

Question #3

Foreign soccer leagues often test their athletes for using illegal performance-enhancing drugs. The probability that an athlete has used these drugs is 0.27. The probability that the athlete has used drugs and has been playing for more than five years is 0.19. Find the probability that an athlete uses drugs given that the athlete has been playing for more than five years.

Requirements:
•Show all your work so that the instructor clearly sees how you solved the problem.
•Make sure your final answer is clear and visible.
Must be submitted in a word doc format.