Student Learning Objective 4â€“6:
- Evaluate the theoretical bases for nursing as they support organizations in achievement of adaptation and culturally competent care for health care delivery.
- Synthesize evidence from research and theory to enhance delivery of quality health care.
- Develop systems supportive of effective communication at the organizational and interdisciplinary level.
DNP Essential Domain 6: Interprofessional Partnerships
Descriptor: Intentional collaboration across professions and with care team members, patients, families, communities, and other stakeholders to optimize care, enhance the healthcare experience, and strengthen outcomes.
Contextual Statement: Professional partnerships which include interprofessional, intraprofessional, and paraprofessional partnerships, build on a consistent demonstration of core professional values (altruism, excellence, caring, ethics, respect, communication, and shared accountability) in the provision of team-based, person-centered care. Nursing knowledge and expertise uniquely contributes to the intentional work within teams and in concert with patient, family, and community preferences and goals. Interprofessional partnerships require a coordinated, integrated, and collaborative implementation of the unique knowledge, beliefs, and skills of the full team for the end purpose of optimized care delivery. Effective collaboration requires an understanding of team dynamics and an ability to work effectively in care-oriented teams. Leadership of the team varies depending on needs of the individual, community, population, and context of care.
Please complete the following:
- Review the Student Learning Outcome(s) and the DNP Essential(s).
- Discuss how you plan to meet the Student Learning Outcomes and the Essentials at this stage of your Scholarly Practice Project (SPP).
- Review the entry-level and advanced-level sub-competencies in the DNP Essentials. Examine what may be applicable to your project.