address the following prompts:
- Elaborate on etiology, stressors, problems of addiction, dependence, and relapse in the United States today.
- Identify potential physical and mental findings when examining a client with a substance use disorder. Note your rationales.
- Describe possible triggers to compulsive substance use or behavioral addiction.
- Discuss the neurobiological mechanisms that underlie addictive behavior.
- Elaborate – What medication-assisted treatments (MATs) and psychotherapeutic interventions for monitoring (for alcohol and for opioid abuse) are available?