Video Transcript Link: Motivational Interviewingâ€”Good Example Video Transcript.
After you watch the video for this week, write an analysis that addresses the following:
- Introduction: Overview of Motivational Interviewing:Begin your paper by providing an overview of Motivational Interviewing (MI). Summarize the main components of MI, integrate MI principles important to building rapport, and analyze the use of MI to support coping across the lifespan.
- Assessment Process:Using the key components of MI, examine the role-play videos for successful or unsuccessful integration of MI skills by critiquing the stages of conversation between provider and client.
- Coping and Strengths:Identify positive coping mechanisms and strengths. How could you use MI to support coping? Provide rationales.
- Discriminatory Analysis Section:What would you do differently or similarly to the provider in the video? Discuss age appropriateness of MI interventions used. Provide specific rationales in detail.
- Summary and Plan Development, and Conclusion:Base your plan of care on the case in the video. Integrate evidence-based interventions in your plan and summary of the scenario you watched (opioid or alcohol). How does the concept of coping play out in the scenario you watched? Integrate coping psychotherapeutic skills. Discuss the role of teaching and education in MI in your plan and summary.
Your paper should be four to five pages in length, excluding a required cover sheet and references page that includes two or more textbooks and four or more scholarly articles (that were published no longer than three years ago). Use APA formatting for all components of your paper.