Polit and Beck (2020), outline specific mixed measure designs and indicate that â€œhaving a name for a design is far less important than having a solid rationale for structuring a study a certain wayâ€ (page 587). Four designs are indicated:
- Convergent Design
- Explanatory Sequential Design
- Exploratory Sequential Design
- Other Mixed Method Design
Address the following;
- Select two methods listed, comparing and contrasting any similarities or differences and/or advantages and disadvantages between the two methods presented.
- Which mixed methods study would you consider for your SPP project and why?
- Suggest additional tools that might be appropriate for data measurement.